The Society of Garden Designers has announced the finalists in The SGD Awards 2019.
A shortlist of 30 projects across 13 award categories. Entries include a Japanese water garden, a floating pocket park and a Moroccan-style courtyard garden.
Chosen by an independent judging panel drawn from experts across the industry, the projects represent the very best in garden design from the UK and abroad.
The shortlisted projects in the three Residential Garden categories and in the International, Public & Communal Outdoor Space, Garden Jewel and Roof Garden categories will now enter into the People’s Choice Award which opens for votes today (28 September) via the SGD Awards website www.sgdawards.com. The same finalists will also be competing for the highly coveted Grand Award, which will be decided by the main judging panel.
- Addenbrookes Outpatients – Bowles & Wyer (principal designer John Wyer FSGD)
- Bernie Spain Gardens – Rachel Reynolds
- Chepstow Crescent – Bowles & Wyer (principal designer John Wyer FSGD)
- College Green School: Mud Kitchen and Sound Garden – Martha Krempel
- Crouch End Garden – Sara Jane Rothwell MSGD
- Dulwich College Memorial Garden – Rachel Reynolds
- Dunedin Garden – Sam Westcott
- Escape to Marrakech – Mandy Buckland MSGD
- Fairseat – Kate Marshal
- l Garden Sossus – Paul Hensey FSGD
- Hertfordshire Garden – Gavin McWilliam MSGD and Andrew Wilson FSGD
- Holland Park Gardens – Gavin McWilliam MSGD and Andrew Wilson FSGD
- Horse Shoe Bend Garden – Martha Krempel
- Jam Factory – Tony Woods MSGD
- Japanese Water Garden – Noel van Mierlo
- Kettle Hill – Tamara Bridge
- Kew Road – Matt Keightley MSGD
- Laurel Cottage – The Garden Company (principal designer James Scott MSGD)
- Le Mas Vieux – James Basson MSGD
- Merchant Square Floating Pocket – Tony Woods MSGD
- Moneypenny HQ – Carolyn Willitts
- Montenegro Garden – Edward Freeman MSGD
- Reighton Wood – Marian Boswall MSGD
- Rethinking Boundaries – Lara Behr
- Shepherd’s Bush Courtyard – Adolfo Harrison MSGD
- The Hollies – Mandy Buckland MSGD
- Threshing Barn – The Garden Company (principal designer James Scott MSGD)
- Tithe Barn – Emily Erlam
- Walled Garden – Robert Myers MSGD
- Winchester Garden – Helen Elks-Smith MSGD
Finalists in the two SGD student categories will be announced in October.
The winners of all 19 awards, including the Lifetime Achievement Award, the Grand Award, the Judges’ Award and the People’s Choice Award, will be revealed at The SGD Awards ceremony on Friday 1 February 2019. The event, which returns to London’s Landmark Hotel, promises to be the highlight of the garden design calendar. Tickets for the ceremony go on sale online on 17 October.
Visit the SGD Awards website to see images of all the shortlisted projects in the main award categories. www.sgdawards.com