In early March Provender Nurseries revealed the result of extensive changes on site with their Spring Event. Invitations went out in late February to registered customers of Provender Nurseries first ever Spring Preview Event. Held over three days guests were invited to take a tour of the entire site to review extensive changes that have taken place at Provender Nurseries in the last year.
Over 150 companies attended over the three days and were given guided tours around site by Provender Nurseries’ staff members. Invitations included a cooked breakfast, a tour of the site and guests received a 10 percent discount voucher.
The last six months has seen much work undertaken on site at Provender Nurseries with
- Larger Plant Area doubling the size of the previous Herbaceous area
- Larger Specimen Shrub area with more space and more plant choice displayed
- Larger area for climbing plants ranging from 1m to 4m in height
- Expanded decorative stone area including a new range of Granite balls, setts and chippings
- A new covered Pot Area, perfect for browsing containers whatever the weather
- Larger areas dedicated to Roses, Grasses, Fruit and smaller shrubs
- A larger area for Ilex crenata topiary shapes and balls
- A new Fencing range
- The best range of multi-stem trees in the South-East
The extended areas and changes carried out over the least six months will have huge benefits to customers onsite. With the capacity to now hold more stock in popular sizes and categories Provender Nurseries will continue to stock the wide range of plants that makes them stand out from other trade wholesalers.
Guests were also introduced to the new Cash & Carry team that work at the main sales counter and will deal with customers on site. The new customer order collecting team are already busy collating orders and undertaking regular rolling stocktakes.
Richard McKenna, managing director says: “There have been many changes on site in the last year and I am immensely proud of what the entire team has done. We would like to thank all of our customers for their patience while we have been undertaking extensive works onsite. If you have not visited Provender Nurseries in the last few months a visit is well worthwhile.”
Customer feedback on social media included the following:
- Congrats to team Provender on the new updates, very well laid out and immaculately presented nursery – really pleased I made the time to visit.
- Thank you @ProvenderTweets for the warm welcome this morning at your Spring Preview Day. The nursery looked first class and thanks to Stuart for showing us around with such pride.
- Stripped trunk of a trachycarpus fortunei spotted on an early tour of @provendernurseries this morning. Amazing how it scrubs up after a bit of a shave! Thanks to Stuart for showing us around and Denise.
- Great morning spent @ProvenderTweets – thanks for the breakfast, the expansion works really well. Lots of interesting plants added to my design palette.
- Thank you for an excellent Spring Preview Day on Tuesday, I bought some really beautiful plants with a very generous discount! All your staff were so helpful, Delicious bacon buttie, and please thank Claire for a very interesting and personal guided tour. In other words ‘Three Cheers for Provender!’
- Thank you @ProvenderTweets for your hospitality this afternoon. Always a pleasure. What a transformation on site. Great to see such progress. #qualitysuppliers
- Absolutely lovely tour around the nursery@ProvenderTweets. Easy to find plants, fab selection, knowledgeable team. Do visit